About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

It's Been A While

I've needed to rest. A lot.


Logged the least amount of miles this year...EVER. It felt like every run took too much effort just to get going. I have to say that in the past couple of years we did do quite a bit of training for events and actually doing those events. This year is the first time that I had to not do an event and decide to switch from one distance to a shorter one. And struggling on others ones.

Yup - running has been not so great this year. I tried really hard to not beat myself up...I'm not a loser, I'm not a loser...

Indeed I am not.

Still though, in the last couple of months I have been trying to do something and at the same time not really doing much. Nike+ has been so frustrating and that just makes me want to scream. Sometimes I do! With my lack of motivation I'm surprised we got out and did anything at all!

Last week we got out to walk a couple of days and during those times we discussed what our goals might be for 2017. I've got Multisport on the brain for sure - so I am thinking of doing the Blue Lake event in June. We'll need to research that first - I think some of the event distances have changed. I also want to do a half somewhere in there. Maybe Vancouver USA now that the date has been changed to sometime in mid-September.

In the end, I have been paying attention to what my body is "saying" and actually has probably been SCREAMING all year...just slow down and REST! So I have and done the least amount possible, but still doing a little bit of something.

The next event that we will do is a fun one - we'll stay local and do the Ugly Christmas Sweater run in Ridgefield. Not only is it local, it's low-key and totally family friendly. AND with not as many participants placing in your age division is a possibility! Go HERE for that race report.

What have I learned? Hard to say, but I know that I need to take better care of myself and not push so much.

Those medals are awfully pretty and I just want to keep adding more to the collection.







No comments:

Post a Comment