About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, July 6, 2015

Independence Run 2015

Another Independence run is DONE...I feel like that is all I can say each year post race day.

After getting my official time I was feeling like I was REALLY slow. Today, I decided to look back on my times and this one wasn't my slowest - YAY. Then I looked back on the website at my past times...and this one is wasn't nearly as bad as I first thought. This is the "fastest" of my slowest times...hehe. 

With that, I can say that this year I felt pretty good on the hills, even though I still walked some of the course - I can also say, with confidence, that I actually did run up some of the first big ol' honkin' hill at around mile one...and part way up the hill leading up to the finish. The BEST part is coming from  the turn around where it is down hill for quite a distance and I have been kind of working on continuing running downhill without stopping. 

We looked for a old friend of ours from Federal Hwys, but I ended up seeing one of the guys from work along with his wife and son. It was fun to see him there! I'm hoping that Suzy & Jim will be able to join the fun next year...she's a good match for Tom ;)

Ridgefield's Independence Run #7 is in the books! Next year will be about at least getting closer to last year's time. Something to work toward!

Wahine is up next ~ time to get out on my bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment