About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, November 19, 2015

This, That and the other Thing

It's been more than a couple of weeks since I last posted here and actually did have a couple of posts started. Life has been happening and I've not been sitting down in front of the computer at home unless I'm plugging in my sport watch to upload my latest run.

SLACKER!

In looking back at the posts that I have started I can see why I haven't posted - I have not been terribly inspired. So here is a sampling of some of the things that I have been thinking about and/or doing since Runner's World -

During my last run that happened on a weekend it was crazy windy and I was unhappy! Because I was so unhappy with that run I decided that we needed to do a running streak and run 7 days in a row. Game on! We ran two and three miles on alternating days, nothing that would be over-taxing. Things went REALLY well until we got to Saturday and it was another crazy windy day. Maybe even more windy than the previous weekend run. So I decided that I was out. Since I'm in the business of not beating myself up anymore I decided that I would just run on Sunday morning instead, but the migraine happened instead.

Running Streak is at 6 days now. We'll be tackling a much longer streak starting on Thanksgiving and going all the way to New Year's day. This is something that we have kind of tried to do in years past, but something (usually me) sidelines us. I am determined though, so we'll see what happens.

Another thing that we (Tom) has been trying is KT Tape


When I was having some  issues with my knee (not related to running, but flared up because I was running) I thought that maybe trying out the tape during the day would be helpful. Of course after I placed the order, my knee decided to get better, but Tom still has issues with his back so he has been trying it out. The jury is still out. Not sure that I am actually applying it correctly each time, but at least we are trying and his back doesn't seem to be getting worse. Go HERE to check ou the KT Tape website. Also, a FYI if you want to try this out I ended up purchasing from Amazon which was $6 less than the suggested retail price at Target. A better deal since we are still not convinced.

Race photos - yeah...don't we just love those?! I don't get how the people who take the "official" race photos manage to stay in business as most of the photos that I have seen of myself while participating in an event are usually terrible! Sure there is the random good pic that is worthy of sharing, but more often than not...they are terrible!

I would include a couple of photos here to show how bad bad is, but I tend not want to save the bad ones...so here are a not so bad ones...

2015 Shamrock
2015 Shamrock
2015 Runner's World Half & Festival
Can't believe that these are from a professional photography group...but hey, I look alright...hahaha...

Yep, these were some of the things that I had waiting to be finished and posted all rolled into one post.

Get out and move!





No comments:

Post a Comment