About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Took a rest...


My last run was last week on Monday. It was evident on Wednesday that I would not be doing a run, my hip was messed up and needed some TLC. Normally, I would be fretting because I am not running (or riding for that matter). I have finally decided if my body is not happy I shouldn't push the running too much.

Every morning last week when I woke up and got out of bed my hip was feeling not that great and not getting better with each day - especially since I had gone to my chiropractor and was snapped back into place in several areas including my low back which my chiropractor thought might have been giving me my problem. By Friday things did not settle down, so I called and made another appointment and went in after work. My hip was truly not behaving so my chiropractor probed about my hip region which turns out to be a very ticklish spot for me. She found that it was nicely out of alignment...which gave the dull ache. She worked her magic and the ache and soreness went away...just some lingering ache for going to long without attention, but all is well again.So good that this morning I went to the gym and did my Monday morning run and it felt really good...I even kicked up the speed just a little - I'm always pushing it! I'm looking forward to my tempo run on Wednesday.

Even though I missed just a couple of days of running, I just plain missed running. I'm not pre-treating with my inhaler anymore and it just feels so good to be moving that I missed those two days terribly!

Rest is good though...this week will be awesome - Looking forward to getting back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment