About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Moving on...


It's time to start incorporating a Duathlon specific training plan. My reasons for doing this - 

A. It will be good to do both running AND riding during the week which one workout a week will be BOTH in on day, one right after the other.

     and

2. I'm getting bored with following a running plan. I won't care about running an 8K distance past March 14, so I"m just going to move on. Actually I should care a little because participating in a Duathlon requires running TWO 5k runs...so I should at least get to a 10K distance just for the sake of endurance on my part.

Anyway, this plan should be good. While doing Blue Lake for the first time, the second run was quite shocking. My legs were like, "Uh, noooo....stop moving, stop moving, STOP MOVING!" I kid you not, my legs felt like LEAD! The actual lifting of my legs was very minimal, I doubt that I looked like I was moving! While training last year, it didn't occur to me that maybe I should train by riding then running more than I did which was only a couple of times. I have to say that enthusiasm really does wonders though - I was so excited about doing this event that the pain really didn't register too much. It was pretty awesome!

Man, I'm getting all psyched up again!

run-ride-run bay-bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment