About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Almost Fall

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is the first day of Fall - Summer JUST started right?

So I was thinking about what all we did this year. There have been a few events, but not as many as before (I think) -

March - 8K Shamrock Run
April - Monster Cook Metric Century
May - Ride Around Clark County
June - Blue Lake Duathlon & Tour de Blast
July - 4th of July Run, Cycle Oregon Weekend Ride and All Women's Duathlon
August - The Covered Bridge Bicycle Tour & Vine Ride

This weekend we are heading to Salem to ride the Peach of a Century (75 mile route) and then in a couple of weeks we'll ride the Harvest Century (full century).This has been a pretty good year overall; although I did less cycling and more running and added swimming after All Women's.

The other bonus for the year is that Tom and I have started doing yoga. I had wanted to do yoga, but didn't think that Tom would be all that interested - little did I know that it took John to inspire Tom to try something new. Recently I read on a website that yoga is beneficial for people who suffer from asthma. By golly, after I had read that I thought about how much easier my breathing has been while running and even during my swims. It must be true!

So while we transition into the rainy season I hope to continue my training for the 2011 Blue Lake Sprint Tri! I have informed my supervisor of my desire to change my work schedule more permanently to work 8:00-5:00 and use my lunch hour for treadmill time...WOO HOO!

For the end of a cycling season I'm feeling pretty upbeat. I'll try to get out on my bike when I can during my lunch breaks...hoping for a not so rainy fall/winter this year :)

Looking forward to having a very fun 2011 swimming, riding and running season!

No comments:

Post a Comment