About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, October 14, 2011

Funny How Things Work Out...

On my way to work this morning I was thinking about how on earth I'm going to be able to run that 10K a week from this Sunday - as I posted earlier this week I got 3 miles on the treadmill this week. Tomorrow should be a 4 mile run and then 3 on Monday and 4 on Wednesday. Race day on Sunday the 23rd!

At each event that I entered this year I was NOT 100% prepared, yet, I was able to finish. THAT was the theme of the year, to finish. More specifically to finish without puking, tripping or just plain stopping and taking a Did Not Finish (DNF). There is no such thing as a DNF in my vocabulary and there isn't Last Place either. My goal this year has been to finish.

So, with Run Like Hell coming up I'm sure I'll finish, but I am wondering just how much I'll be walking. I have already previewed the route so I have an idea of where it goes, but that's a lot of city streets to run through - oye.

Looking forward to a week of rest after this event...that just might include sleeping in. I wonder what that's like?

run, Run, RUN!

1 comment:

  1. I like your attitude about it! Finishing, but okay with walking it, if need be. You should be hugely proud of yourself with what you have already accomplished! I can't wait to hear more about next weeks run!

    ReplyDelete