About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, December 28, 2012

Routine? What Routine?

It's been a while since I last posted here...sorry...

Last week I took a week of vacation from work and had the opportunity to run during the daylight hours! Still as early as we could get out without frittering the morning away. It was NICE. Then I was back to a partial routine this week...but I just couldn't get myself to get out the door. The motivation to run during a cold, wet morning was not appealing at all. Go figure - if it's light out and wet it's okay...ha!

This morning I had the opportunity to get out on my own around 6 - still dark, but I needed to get out and run the past few days have been a little stressful and I needed to clear my head. It was a good run! With so much on my mind that running was quite easy because I wasn't totally focused on whether or not I was running like an idiot or if something was hurting...just got out and ran. Those ar the best runs to have.

So, now I'm trying to decide if I want to go out tomorrow and try to get back on track with my days or just wait until Monday. The two days off sound good, but I kind of feel like I have a little momentum. Hmmm...

Here's a strange change of attitude...Tom declared not too long ago that he wants to continue running and doing more running events rather than doing all the cycling that we have been doing. I can see how his attitude would change - there is so much more that goes into cycling and getting ready for cycling events. Even just for a ride around the "neighborhood" takes some time to get ready. We usually wear our cycling clothes and our cleated shoes and then there's the bike. Gotta make sure that the bike is ready to go, check the tires, make sure that there is a patch kit and/or new tube and some sort of inflating device whether it's a pump or a cartridge. Oh...and let's not forget the water bottle. Also, we ALWAYS make a stop at a Starbucks before coming home so cash or a Starbucks card is good have too.

TOO MUCH!

Running is way easier. Running clothes - which really is just lycra capri's or shorts, and a nice breathable top for summer or long pants and jacket for winter/spring. Right now we are sporting hats and gloves along with headlamps for our early morning runs. Don't have to check the shoes for anything so that's always good.

So, as we get ready for a brand new year Tom and I both are looking forward to more running events to challenge us and to help keep us healthy. Running does a body and mind good.


This is probably what people see when I run early in the A.M.




No comments:

Post a Comment