About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bumpity, Bump

I really shouldn't expect so much at the beginning on the year. Week One of my Shamrock training went well, but then things went down hill the last couple of weeks. I started to feel a little sickly and then last week, a lack of interest in the Treadmill. I don't know why, but hey...I just didn't want to get on that thing...hee hee.

This past Saturday things changed and I was good and ready to go - 4.5 miles baby! There were the obligatory walk breaks, but only 3...yay for me!

Now, wishy-washy on a day off from work is pretty much guaranteed...

Yesterday was 3 miles. I generally like to run early in the morning, but I had an appointment to be at and I happened to sleep in until 7:30 - GASP! This girl does not sleep in that often! Then after my appointment we had to be at the church at 11:30, so no time to fit in a run between 9:30 and 11:30. I suppose w could have, but it would have been rushed. As the day kept going on, I started to feel like I didn't want to run. So at one point I declared to Tom that I didn't want to run, and that I could run on Tuesday (today) instead. We went and sat at the church from 11:30 to 1:00 and during that time I started to get a little stir crazy, so then I started to think that we should just go ahead and run anyway...at some point. After leaving the church we had to go to Starbucks and then while I was sitting there I decided that we definitely needed to go out. Too much sitting around!

I have to say that I'm not sure that going for the run was a good thing after all. I felt okay, not great...but we got it done and I guess that was the goal in the end.

Just. Get. It. Done.

When I have the "get it done" attitude, those runs end up not being fun at all. Although, it could have been the route too. I mapped out a route that would take us up 149th Street which is a slight uphill grind going to the east. The good thing is that it is/was an out and back course, so the going back part was nice as we were going down...in a slight fashion...hee hee. Still, I wasn't feeling so great afterward. At least we got out.

So this week I'm looking to get back on track with my training. Yesterday was 3 tomorrow is 3 and then Saturday is 4. I better check the weather for the morning...if there is a chance of rain, I may be running on the treadmill AND after work to get the distance done.

In all reality, I'm not really all that concerned about the Shamrock. This one is definitely for the fun of it. Being one of 35,000...a mediocre runner in the back of the pack. My PR goals are for later in the year, after I have had sufficiently trained myself back into some kind of decent running condition :)

Three and a half weeks baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment