About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, February 8, 2013

Shamrock Training - Week 1

Last week I handed over my team registrations and we are at 21 members (I think). Woo Hoo!

Last Saturday I started a new training plan (7 weeks) and now I have skipped my 3rd training run. On Wednesday while I was sitting at work I wasn't feeling so great, so I decided that a run after work wouldn't be the best idea. Knowing who I am and that Pace Bunny is going to let me know what kind of slacker I am (hee, hee), I'll probably make up the run somehow in the next week or so. It was only a 3 miler so it's pretty much a piece of cake! I do plan to get out tomorrow morning, possibly without my sicky husband. I am contemplating repeating last weeks 4 mile run, but I'm not so sure that I want to do a monster hill. I'll probably just do the easy 4 mile route that takes me down to the library and back home. Easy-peasy.

The other thing about this new plan is that my first training run was 4 miles. As you can plainly see from my chart below, there were few runs that were over 2 miles....OYE. It was a bit of a shock, but I'll manage alright over the next few weeks.

My annual clothing allowance was included in my last paycheck, so I will be heading out to FitRight NW for a new pair of shoes soon. I have already ordered and received new sports bras. Moving Comfort is the BEST! I haven't worn one on a run yet, but I did try one on when I got home from work the other day and did some "laps" around the house. I'm happy :) I really should be using this money for clothes that I'll wear to work, but regular clothes shopping is not fun...I like looking at all the athletic stuff from socks to tops. Also, I have been known to run on the treadmill here at work, so my new purchases can be considered workwear!

36 Days Baby! Shamrock Run here we come!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment