About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, October 24, 2008

Already planning for 2009

I have been wanting to do a Duathlon for a couple of years now. Since Tom and I successfully trained for and ran the LIVESTRONG 5K AND did the Mt Hood Jazz 5K run, I am pretty confident that I can do a DU in 2009. More specifically a sprint du. The Duathlon I'm looking to do is the Blue Lake Duathlon next June. 5K run, 12 mile ride, 5K run.

Admittedly, I have slacked off quite a bit from my running. A lot of that has to do with the fact that I LOVE to ride. Another reason I have slacked off is because I have been experiencing some foot pain. So I'll be making a date with a podiatrist to see what is going on with my foot. Hopefully the problem isn't major otherwise it will be a while longer before this Du happens...ooh, that's not good thinking...only positive thoughts!

The purpose of setting up THIS blog is to hold myself accountable to my training and if ANYONE is reading this hopefully I'll get some encouragement! If I want to be consistent with posting updates I have to actually do some training. This should do it - I hope!

Here's looking forward to a new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment