About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Good Run!

It has been a while since my last run so I decided that I would go to the track and run there to find out where I am as far as distance. I set my watch/timer for 30 minutes and got started. I got to 2.25 miles in 29:30 and ran an easy 30 seconds to finish. I'm actually pretty happy with my time - I really have not gotten out to run very often for a long time. I'll just continue running to get back up to a 5K distance and work on strength training along the way until I start my REAL training. I am hoping to increase my speed because I know I can do a faster 5K, but I will be doing it twice with the second time AFTER a 12 mile ride...hmmm.

How is it that I decide to do things that makes me train during the gray, cold, dreary months of the year? I have a book called Slow Fat Triathlete, but I have seemed to misplace it somehow. I'll have to get that out for inspiration. I'm excited about my new big goal for 2009. I hope that my training will be much more enjoyable than when Tom and I were training for my first 5K. The 5K training was downright miserable and I was only JUST able to run a 5K by the time the Livestrong Challenge came around. I'm hopeful that when this Du is here I'll be good and ready to go.

Tonight's run was also a test to see how my back is feeling - not bad; and how much pain I have in my foot - that will come tomorrow. My back is not bad, just a couple of twinges here and there, but that was it. I have decided to keep visiting my chiropractor so that I don't have to have a big overhaul every 3 or 4 months. It was really bad last weekend! Might as well take advantage of my medical benefits and the number of visits that I'm allowed in one year. I have some catching up to do - like maybe 25 visits by the end of the year!

My happiness is running 30 minutes straight and not feeling like I might die!

No comments:

Post a Comment