About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, November 24, 2008

Pre-holiday bloat...

Man, I'm already starting to feel the holiday bloat and I haven't done anything different...must be in anticipation of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

We are heading out on vacation - to Chicago and I've packed my running gear and hope to get out at least a couple of times later this week. It will be better than nothing. I will miss our annual Thanksgiving Day ride though, I always look forward to that, I guess it will be a run instead :)

Tom and I went to Southwest yesterday so I could have my x-rays done 3 views of my foot and a couple of my hip(s). We'll see what is going on in both places, hopefully nothing that will slow down my plan to start training in January.

Today I received my monthly newsletter from Wenzel Coaching - I like the different articles. This month there was a short article about adding multisports to your race season - I thought it was appropriate since my goal is to do a duathlon in 2009 among other things.

I am trying to tell myself that not riding everyday is okay, it's the holiday season, I need to let my body rest...good luck to me! If I don't get any activity in my day I get antsy - almost a little crazy. I'm trying to change my attitude towards doing the things to maintain some of the condition that I had built up over the spring and summer...I'll make it though, I might drive everyone around me crazy, but that's their problem!

It's so hard this time of year for me to get out on my bike, it's dark when I leave for work and when I come home. I would ride to work, but I have enough anxiety during the summer when its light and the roads are dry. I have come to the realization that there are people that will not accept cycling as a means of transportation so riding when the late afternoon is dark and the roads probably would be wet does not appeal to me. If we lived closer to where I worked I wouldn't have any problem making the decision to ride. Man, this is what happens when I spend the majority of the summer riding to work because of gas prices - I miss riding almost every day!
Until then I'll have to ride on my trainer and do my pre-training runs with Kristan and Kevin as often as possible. I have a really great 10K training plan that I want to follow when the new year is here so here's to the next month going by quickly which I'm sure it will!

No comments:

Post a Comment