About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week 5 Complete

I've reached the half-way point! Woo Hoo!!!

So this week I will have a couple of willy-nilly days because I loaned out my Beginning Tri book to a friend and I didn't have a couple of workouts written down. I guess those will be a couple of wild card days. I figure as long as I'm doing something, it can't be all bad!

Nothing really stands out from my last training week; however I am feeling a little unsure about my swimming. I am glad that I'll be doing the Tri-It distance...a 1/4 mile swim. That's a little further than 50 yards, which is currently what I can swim as I get started with my swim workout in a POOL. I know that open water swimming will be much different, I'm hoping that I just don't freak out (too much at least). I will need to reserve a wetsuit at Athlete's Lounge, maybe even take a trip to the shop one of these Saturdays. I know that I can do the swim, just need to have the opportunity to swim past the swimming pool walls!

Now all I need to do at this point is get over my allergies. With the trees budding out at different times, it's hard to say when I'll actually be done being drippy. There is still time.

Six weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment