About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Week 1, Run #2

Okay, so today was supposed to be Run #3, but I was still in lazy mode on Saturday - the supposed first day of my new training plan.

Today was another whoppin' two miles on the treadmill. After just trudging through my Monday AM run, I felt TONS better today! I don't know why or how, but it was just good.Although, I did have some pain here and there, but nothing that lasted long. I'm figuring the pain was my body still working over my mind and trying to get me to stop running.

I remember a couple of years ago I was sticking to a running plan pretty regularly and the running felt pretty good most of the time. Sure there were days that I just plain didn't feel so great, but I was always happy to have gone out and do the run anyway and usually finished feeling a little better. So I just need to stick to it and it will become a part of my regular training routine!

We did strength training again today which is a good thing - Tom and I travel around the gym together so it isn't as awkward. If I need help he is there to lend a hand :)

Tomorrow is a spin class day for Tom. I am going to get into the pool and see how that goes. I really should be spending as much time swimming as I possibly can. The sprint tri swim distance is a half mile and I am only at a quarter mile right now. It's a bit daunting to think that I need to swim another quarter mile! Just need to chip away at it and over time it will come.

So, right now it's running, strength training and swimming, maybe throw some yoga in the mix for something a little more gentle.

Looking forward to my next run - 3 miles on the road on Saturday.

WOO HOO!!! I love Saturday Runs!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment