About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Wet Run


At the finish of All Women's Event
Today wasn't exactly a downpour, but it certainly wasn't dry. We got out and did the 3 miler for today and it wasn't too bad. I spent a lot of time dodging little puddles on the sidewalk or road. I was also determined to not stop at 30 minutes, but to keep going to the 3 mile mark.
I DID IT!

I don't know why I'm so excited about that...but I think mostly it is because it's so easy to talk myself into walking and if I can do a run without giving in to my mind telling me to stop I feel pretty good about that - yay :)

So I get a break from running until Monday morning so I think tomorrow I'll get into the pool and try to do a few laps. My swim yesterday wasn't that great, so of course I want to try to fix that. I really shouldn't take too much of a break from swimming, I'll never get better at it!

We go back to standard time tonight so the extra hour will be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment