About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Looking Forward...

I like my collection of running shoes!
Now that we have finished most of the events for this year - just one left to do (Winter Wonderland Lights Run/Walk) It's time to start looking at my potential events list for 2012!

January - Resolution Run (Battle Ground)
March - Shamrock Run Portland, Fort Vancouver Run
April - Monster Cookie Metric Century (?)
June - Blue Lake Sprint Tri, Vancouver USA Half Marathon & Tour de Blast (?)
July - 4th of July Run (Ridgefield), Cycle Oregon Weekend Ride, All Women's Event
August - Covered Bridge Bicycle Tour (?)
September - StumpTown Sprint Tri, Peach of a Century (?)
October - Harvest Ride, Run Like Hell
November - ???

I don't think I have enough on my list...I better look for more stuff to do!!!


Took a week off after we did Run Like Hell the Sunday before this past Sunday and it was a super lazy week! Did go to the gym, didn't think about running, riding or swimming...aaahhh. Yesterday we were back at it and at the gym bright and early 2 mile run and then some strength training. Tomorrow is another 2 miles and I probably should do more strength training. I'm trying to be smart about my training now. Before it was just a willy-nilly thing. I think it will still be willy-nilly, but at least there will be some structure here and there ;) I can dream right?

If anyone is interested - Winter Wonderland Lights Run/Walk is on November 26 at PIR. Come join the fun! The Party In The Pit starts at 3pm there will be a sock hop, Mrs. Claus Hula Hoop contest, a Lil Elf parade and then the run/walk at 5pm!


This year has been a good year with all the events and pushing myself a little more than usual to run a 10k and do a couple of triathlons. Now I'm looking forward to more of the same for next year and new challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment