About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week 2 - Almost Through The Week

We are on week 2 and I'm still pretty much on track. Had a slight hiccup on Monday and only ran 2 miles on the treadmill - I didn't even try for 3. That's how crummy I felt. So I made up that mile on Tuesday before getting into the pool. Ran 2 yesterday and will do 3 on Saturday. Next week will be super easy 2, 2 and then 3. After that we start adding more distance, but I'm not going to think about that right now. Today we did yoga - hoping for another swim tomorrow :)

I have figured out that I feel bad on my Monday runs because I'm so bad with hydrating on the weekends. This weekend I'm going to try an experiment and see what happens if I drink water like I do during the week. Also, I thought maybe I don't get enough sleep, but I usually am a little sleep deprived during the week, so that probably isn't the problem.

To help improve my running we have been doing strength training after our runs, I can tell that it helps. My runs feel so much better now - not so sluggish - so I suppose I should keep that up. Also, I read this online:

"As a rule, muscle mass declines with age, starting in the 40s and picking up speed after about age 50. Then the typical rate of muscle loss really begins to outpace the rate of muscle gain, so that there's an increasing net deficit..."

Picking up speed? Goodness...I've got a lot of work ahead of me. Lifting weights is not one of my favorite things to do, but just so I don't decline too much, too quickly, I'm going to have to make an effort to make strength training a part of my fitness routine!

So, today is Tom's birthday and the celebrating started with breakfast at Biscuits Cafe and coffee at Starbucks. Tonight I'll make Mushroom Risotto for dinner. Afterwards we'll go out for a sweet treat, Tom's choice. This Sunday we'll be heading out with our core group for a little Happy Hour at Lapellah...oye.

I might have to work extra hard next week to work off all the calories that I'm consuming now and will consume this weekend...hehe.

So I need to drink more water...I will consume lots of calories...and work out harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment