About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back in the Pool

If only I could look this cool!
I had every intention of doing a run workout and then into the pool for a swim. However, upon our arrival at LA Fitness I saw that most of the treadmills were occupied and quickly made a change of plan to just swim and then lift some weights - I'm pretty smart that way!
I have not been in the pool since late October (I think). I was focusing more on running, but as I mentioned in my last post...the half marathon is currently off the schedule, for now at least. Today's swim was actually not that bad. I didn't know how I would feel after pretty much two months of just running. Breathing was all good, but then my training for the day was to swim a length of the pool and then rest for 10 seconds...for 10 minutes. Not a bad plan so far! I think I'll be doing a timed swim later this week....YIKES! I don't know that that will go well. I get winded after one lap...two tops...it's all good though. I have a few months to train so it's all good.

Tomorrow I'll have to make my way to a treadmill AFTER I do a bike session on one of the stationary bikes - a brick workout yeah...that's the ticket. If I have to give some walker the stink-eye for just walking on the treadmill I'll do it! Hee Hee...

156 days until Blue Lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment