About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What Is My Problem?

It's February 1 and my training for January was VERY pathetic - although with my back giving me a problem early on, it makes sense that my training is messed up! There have been quite a few mornings that I have felt too tired to get out of bed to go and work out.

This must change NOW!

This is the month that I'm going to try to get back on track and get as much running and swimming in as much as possible. We made it to the gym early this morning and got into the pool. It was a decent swim session - YAY! Need to build up my swim time though today was a very brief swim, so I need to get on it! With 128 days until Blue Lake, I think I can make it...Sprint Distance here I come! Also need to get on my running too...Shamrock is in a month and a half  and I am planning to run the 5k - very doable!

The other thing that has been slowing me down is the fact that there are more people at the gym so I gotta get on the ball if I want to get into the pool early in the morning or if I want to jump on the treadmill. The past few weeks have been very frustrating, with so many new faces at the gym. One morning ALL of the treadmills were being used and that's just plain wrong! Lots of people on the elliptical machines too. I am just hoping that the "new year's resolution newbies" will figure out that the gym isn't for them and figure it out soon!


I like the start of a new month though, gives me a chance to re-assess my training from the previous month and then adjust my schedule accordingly. I tend to over think my training - it's time to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment