About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

All Is Well, really...

This past Saturday was supposed to be a 6 mile long run. It turned out to be five and a half - I may have walked about half of it. I was not feeling good at all.

The morning started off a little rough and I was not in a good place emotionally to actually want to move forward with my run. Instead of doing a route that would take me away from Salmon Creek, I remapped a route that would take me close to six miles around Salmon Creek and got going.

I knew almost immediately that things were not good. I had no motivation - was stewing over the fact that I would be in company with a difficult person later in the day...I was upset with Tom and all around unhappy. Usually a run will help, but for some reason this one didn't. As I was nearing the end of the route and was about a mile from home I decided that I needed to quit trying so hard and just walk AND not beat myself up over my failed attempt.

For some reason I thought I would be feeling better and get out early on Monday, but that didn't happen. All I can say is that rude people suck and those people suck the life out of me.

So yesterday I HAD to get out, otherwise I would be trying to make up 5 miles before the week is over and that is not an option. Tom and I were out earlier than I normally would be out on a regular 4 mile run a little before 6 I think. It was dark, dark, dark!

What a difference a couple of days of rest makes! The other difference would be that I had some GU before we left - I felt as if I had some energy, crazy!

So, with my longer than usual first run of the week out of the way I am now looking forward to doing speedwork at the track tomorrow morning. Back to the 2 x 1600 routine - although I may discuss with Coach Tom the idea of doing 800's instead, just do more of them. I like that idea better :)

All it takes is one really good run for me to LOVE running again and to have a better day. I'm also pretty excited that I'll be retiring my shoes that I have been running in since March after tomorrow's run - 300 miles baby!

Just two more not so easy runs - speed work and then a 6 mile long run on Saturday :) Next week is all easy - 3 miles, but I'll be adding a run day. OYE...

Run Baby Run!



No comments:

Post a Comment