About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Memory Refreshed


With all the rain and wind that happened last weekend I had to do some rethinking on my long run. First I thought that I would just skip Saturday and run on Sunday morning. After watching the news a little more and seeing that things would be getting worse and not better on Sunday I decided that I would run on the treadmill at work.

Yeah, that's the ticket...I haven't used the treadmill in MONTHS.

Well, on Saturday morning I was reminded of how much I loathe the treadmill. I don't think that I was even on it for more than two minutes and KNEW that I was done, but I couldn't be done with my "run." I drove all the way to work (only about 6 miles) to run on that stupid thing after all. So I decided to do half of my long run on Saturday and finish up on the road on Sunday before getting ready for church.

First, I don't remember how to work the stupid machine and it wouldn't allow me to use the setting that I wanted - Strike 1. Then my shoe felt a little loose so I decided to pause and re-tie my shoe. In the process of doing that, the treadmill turned off - Strike 2. Strike three would be having two strikes already in my head. I was not into this at all.

The two and a half miles took FOR-EVER...I thought I would die...but I held it together and maintained some sense of composure. When I finished I could not get out of there quick enough, but not before a couple of minutes on the elliptical.

Yeah that thing sucks too.

Road runs all the way for this girl!

run, Run, RUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment