About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 12...


First run of week 12 went not that great. A combination of not hydrating well enough, still feeling the affects of my 6 miler on Saturday and running with "daddy-long-legs" (AKA Tom) kinda got me down a little. BUT I got out there and did it. Also, it has been several weeks since I have gotten myself out of bed and on the road on a Monday morning. Now that I will be adding a run day this week for the remainder of my training plan I REALLY need to get out on Monday mornings and run. Even when I don't want to. If I don't then I'll be running too many days in a row OR pushing my long run to Sunday. Sunday really isn't a good option with church all morning and the opportunity to watch football with our peeps in the afternoon, that should be enough for me to get myself out the door on a Monday...I hope.

I'm over half way to my first Half Marathon and if I were to think in terms of how today went, I would say that my first half will be a complete and total disaster! Thankfully there are still many weeks left and I know that I'll have not so great days...just wasn't expecting an easy 3 miles to be so difficult.


Wednesday will be better! Couldn't get worse...or could it?

No comments:

Post a Comment