About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Daily Double


Okay, so my tempo run didn't happen yesterday. My day yesterday did not start off well...first of all I was awake WAY TOO EARLY...like 1am. I tried to get back to sleep but the odor from my new contour pillow was bothering me so I got out of bed. You wouldn't think that a pillow would have an odor...but those contour ones do. I tried to snooze some more in my recliner in the TV room, but I decided to play with my kindle a little bit...that usually tends to lull me at some point...then Tom came down as well. I don't remember why. So here we were in the TV room me trying to get tired enough to go back to sleep and Tom watching something on OPB.

Anyway long story short, I didn't get a lot of sleep.

I had decided to actually switch around my training runs and do two last night and then 4 this morning, but that did not happen.

Throughout the day I was starting to feel the tension creeping back in and my shoulder was getting more painful the later into the day we got. Fortunately I had an appointment with the Chiropractor after work so I got an adjustment which didn't relieve so much pain as it did create the illusion that I'm actually getting better. Which I feel that I am, but it is slow. My chiro said that it could take up to 6-8 weeks for my shoulder to settle down and go back to normal. BLAAAH...

So, no run yesterday. We went out early this morning to do a loop that I knew wasn't long enough...but we added some distance, but it STILL wasn't enough. Oh well...I'll know better next time. Run more...always run more - if in doubt always run more!!!

This evening is the official start of my Thursday training runs - last week was a bonus :) So, it's a two mile run and Mary will be joining us to run/walk this evening...perfect! My legs are feeling a little tired as I decided that I could do some tabata after coming home from my visit to the chiro.

Tomorrow is total rest day. I'm doing NOTHING that requires putting on athletic clothing...

37 days baby! Wee-haaawwww

No comments:

Post a Comment