About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Week 7 & HM Registration



Week 7

This week is 7 (!) of my Half Marathon training  plan as prescribed by Runner's World SmartCoach. Overall, I'm happy with how things are going, but the past couple of weeks I've been feeling a fair amount of pain in my shoulder and neck. Something that spontaneously went away when I took the day off from work last Friday and then with as much spontaneity resurfaced after I returned to work this week. I think maybe work might have something to do with this issue. Just a thought.

Anyway, last week's training runs were less than stellar and I'm glad that we have moved on and this week is all "easy" running.

Monday two miles, not good...something was off. I felt that things should have been good because it was ONLY two miles. However, my breathing was REALLY bad. I'll have to take a puff of albuterol upon rising to get ready to run I guess, at least until the majority of the early Spring pollen is past. The other thing I'll have to deal with tomorrow is pain. Maybe something will pop into place between now and tomorrow morning. A girl can hope!

Tomorrow is a 4 mile tempo run, we'll take it on the road. I might have enough focus to do the 2 miles at tempo and revel in the warm down on the way back to the house. We did this a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome! Which is crazy because I have never really been a big fan of tempo running. I've always favored Speed Work.

This week we officially add a Thursday run and I have deemed Thursday my running date with Mary. We started last week on the hottest day so far this year. I'm pretty sure that the temperature will be more to our liking maybe even a little on the wet side. We'll see. So, we'll get out for an easy couple of miles of walking with running mixed in there too :)

Saturday is Long Run day! Eight Miles BABY! I've got the route all mapped out, hoping that my body will cooperate this weekend. I'm hopeful.

Registration

Last week I sent off a registration for Tom to run the Vancouver USA Half Marathon. Since his upcoming employment will keep him home I decided he should do it! He's been running along with me and my plan so why not right? I've already encouraged him to run his own race so he'll know what he can do - so exciting! I'm REALLY looking forward to this race now. My first half was just me - now that he'll be running too we'll have stories to exchange of our experiences! Yay :)

Look at that happiness...

No comments:

Post a Comment