About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

FINALLY!


WOW - it took long enough, but I finally feel like I have some sort of running mojo returning...and it feels so good! Lots of things had to happen in order for my running mojo to come back.

  • I had to get over the fact that in the big picture, running is hard. With the lay off that we had not so much a lay off, but a reduction in mileage and not running consistently. So, yeah, a little lay off.
  • I had to let go of the negative vibes that just run through my mind at all times. I'm really not that bad. REALLY. I have said it before I am the queen of negative self talk. One day it won't be so bad. I am not a loser, I am not a loser...not a loser.
  • We had to come up with a plan a new plan as far as training goes. I have relied on the Runner's World Smart Coach for many seasons and I hit a lot of the distances and try to incorporate the speedwork and tempo runs, but those just aren't doing much for me.  Probably because I don't understand them. New plan is to run two days and take a day off. So far it's doable. Well, actually it is this week. Something happened last week and I ended up with an extra day off and had to rethink the weekend running. Even with the lunge workout this week, we are on track to do the two days on one day off routine through the rest of the week. 
  • We registered for the BIG event for the year. We are going to head back to PA for the Runner's World Half Marathon & Festival. Only this time I decided that I would do the Hat Trick. If the thought of that doesn't get me going, I don't know what will!
While my mileage is still a little low, I'm just going to focus on enjoying the process and getting through the two running events that I have on the calendar. Actually there will be two others, we just have signed up yet. Two halfs and a couple of 5k runs. I'm going to skip Wahine this year - I was not impressed with the race organization last year - so I'm going to let that rest for another season.


No comments:

Post a Comment