About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, May 30, 2016

Nike+ Run Club


I run with a Nike+ and am a part of the Nike+ Run Club, who knew?!

Since I don't know when (probably since the beginning) I have been receiving emails that have weekly training plans and a spotify playlist. I haven't paid any attention to either one - I know, lame. Last night before I went to sleep I actually took a look at the plan and thought maybe it would be fun to mix things up a little and try this week's training.

Today being day one we went ahead and did a light workout as our recovery - two miles and we are good to go! Tomorrow is a speed day, ruh-roh...intervals at the track. We did our long run yesterday so tomorrow will be the 3rd run training day in a row. If I want to get into this Nike+ Run Club training then I should probably go ahead and follow the plan. We'll see how this week goes. This will definitely a part of my brain training as well. I need something to keep me on my toes and since I have to look at my google calendar to see what we are doing, I WILL be slightly uninformed.

The Vancouver USA Half will be here before we know it and I will be mostly under-trained for this one, but I always have to remember that I have done more on less. My first Duathlon was kinda sorta that event - I did the whole thing without stopping, but my training leading up to it was less than adequate.

As always I plow through the things I sign up for and always feel a sense of accomplishment at the end.




No comments:

Post a Comment