About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, April 3, 2009

Realizations...

I am starting to realize that my running threshold might be at 3 or 4 miles at this point. I was talking to a friend the other day after a run and said that I'm really starting to enjoy running, which is truth. It's hard to believe that one year ago, I was not able to run 1 mile straight without stopping and feeling like I would die. These days I'm tackling hills, doing speedwork and have done a tempo run or two. Running is hard, but negative self-talk really ends things too soon and then what do I have to say for myself?

Overall, I'm just happy with how things are going, a little of this and that and hopefully I'll do alright in the Du. I'm not expecting to do that well, but finish strong. That's all I can hope for at this point. After talking to one of the other people here who had said they would do the Du they revealed that they had not been running much at all, so I feel pretty good about my efforts however minimal they have been in the past couple of weeks.

Until June 13 I'll keep pluggin' along and enjoying running and riding! I'm PSYCHED!

No comments:

Post a Comment