About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, April 17, 2009

The Du is getting closer...

This week has been more about cycling than running, which I knew would happen. Only one run this week, but we are supposed to do speedwork tonight...ugh. Got a couple of days of bike commuting this week so that was a good.

My obsession with the weather is in full swing now as I keep looking at ALL the weather forecasts that I can think of and try to find a couple that sync with each other and then go and check what the weather is really doing - looks like those weather types were right about today...it's raining and I don't want to ride in the rain. Which is fine because I REALLY need to run. My time the other day was pretty good even with the brief walk break because I ended up inhaling something which was not good.

Allergies have been at a minimum - modern medicine is a good thing! I don't like waking up with a sleep hangover though, so I'll be cutting back on the antihistamine...blah. Doing pretty good for an April though, I'm usually all plugged up and can't breathe which makes all outdoor activities not so good.

I'm finding out that I'm not that stressed to be in the best condition for the Duathlon, I just want to be able to finish and hopefully finish without feeling like I'm going to die. If I feel good about this one after it's all over I may do the all women's Du in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment