About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ride - Run

Yesterday after I got home from work on my bike – riding into the wind up Hwy 99 into Salmon Creek and into the wind going down 139th Street – Tom and I did a very brief, but quick run to start getting used to the whole Run-Ride-Run idea. I’m not that worried about the first 5K, that won’t be much of a problem, but I am a little concerned about the second 5K.


My ride home is 6 miles which is half of what I’ll be riding in the Du, but there are hills involved so that kind of evens out in the end, not really. The distance we ran last night was just 1 mile and for that mile I was able to do it in 11:09 – not bad for having short legs and all. The only thing is I need to run 2.1 miles beyond that so I’ll need to increase the distance over the next few weeks. More speed work would be good too. That’s been helping so I’m pretty sure a few more sessions on the track will help out!


Our modified training schedule will be messed up this weekend. The Monster Cookie Metric Century is this Sunday so I’ll be resting up on Saturday and not running until next week. I would like to do a long run next week and continue doing speed work and maybe throw a tempo run into the mix too. Of course, all of that depends on how much we are cycling and how often I ride to work. I know that I should be making the time to run, but it has been tough since we have not been riding much and the weather has been so good! There will be balance, soon enough though. We’ll do the RACC on May 2 and then I’ll have the remainder of May to really work on my running and probably should temper my riding so that I’m not going all out at the beginning of the race which is so easy for me to do.


I have a massage appointment after work today – looking forward to a little relaxation!


I’m REALLY psyched!

1 comment: