About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Du Drawing Near

In less than 2 months Tom and I will be participating in the Blue Lake Sprint Du! The start of my training went great, almost followed the training plan, but I got off track – messed up my back for a couple of weeks, started running more than I could actually run on the treadmill and now the weather is getting nice and I decided that I want to bike commute more than run.


Not all is lost…a few weeks ago I started doing fartleks and I can already tell that I’m improving with my speed. I don’t expect to do really great, just enough to finish and hopefully with the feeling of accomplishment and not like I might die or something - so I’m feeling pretty good about the speed-work.


Tonight after I get home from work (via bicycle) Tom and I will go for a short run, a short one, just to get my body used to not stopping after I ride. Since my commute distance is 6 miles (with hills) and is ½ the distance that I would be riding during the du, I think we’ll try to get at least one mile possible a mile and a half in.


All I have to do is remember where I tossed my shoes the last time that we ran!


I’m psyched!


No comments:

Post a Comment