About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, October 19, 2009

Starting Up Again

Yup, I've taken some "rest" time for the last couple of weeks - it was easy too because with the weather being crummy I haven't wanted to get out early and ride to work. No bike commuting gives me more opportunity to hit the gym right after Tom heads out for work and then if I want I can go back after work.

This morning I decided it was time to start on my 5K soon to be 8K training. My Saturday morning run was awful and my right thigh was giving me some trouble so we cut the run part short, but had to continue walking since we were on the road. I was a little bummed, but I'm finally getting used to the fact that every run will be different and how I feel will make a huge difference. So, this particular morning I wasn't feeling all that happy...so my run suffered. Also, I was running with Tom so I think that threw me off a little. His pace is MUCH faster than mine, so I felt like I was going faster than my body really wanted to. This morning on the treadmill felt good even though it is a treadmill, but like Shawn says, the treadmill is "cake" compared to a cycle trainer. He's right about that - I have dreaded getting back on the treadmill, but then I don't want to stop running. I am slowly making friends again with that machine! The one thing I look forward to is the fact that I can at least do road runs on the weekends or go to the track (now talk about boring). If I haven't already lost my running partner, I'll still have the opportunity to get out on the track on Wednesday mornings. We'll see how things come along I guess.

My ultimate goal is to continue running thru the rest of this year - playing catch up after a month or so of not running is no fun. I am already looking forward to the Spring Classic Duathlon - I swear I'm turning into a maniac! Oh well, just like Tom says "All this training keeps me out of bars"...yeah, like that is a problem!

run, Run, RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment