About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

COUNT DOWN BEGINS (EARLY)




Okay, so the Spring Classic Duathlon is still a ways off, but to keep myself motivated I decided to put a countdown clock on my blog as a reminder of what I have planned for 2010. It’s not likely that I will forget what I have planned for next year…but slowing down with my training might be happen.


This is week 3 of my 8K running plan. Tom and I ran the Salmon Creek Trail on Saturday and got myself a decent time. I hadn’t run 3 miles for a while, so it was interesting to see how the run would go. It felt good, no whining as I am prone to doing and very little pain. I was a little disappointed that my breathing was somewhat labored, but that isn’t anything new really. The temp was perfect hovering around 55 degrees and the trail was not that busy, another plus.


At the end of this particular run, after we settled in at Starbucks, I proclaimed that I LOVE running….WOO HOO! It’s true! I know I can do it and I have felt good after each run that I have done since starting the plan and I actually feel like I’m getting somewhere. Now I look forward to each run whether I am on the treadmill or the road. The track is a little boring, but at least it is accurate and I know exactly how far I have gone. The only problem with the track is that I have lost track of how many laps I have completed in the past and I’m sure that I’ll lose track in the future.


The only other thing that I know I need to do is buy another pair of running shoes to rotate with my current pair. They are starting to wear a little so this is a good time to get another pair – kind of thinking ahead a little I guess. I don’t want to get to the point where the shoes are just unusable and I don’t have a pair of shoes to run in. OOOH…transitioning a new pair of shoes for the next season – what a plan! Looks like a trip to Fit Right Northwest is likely before the month is over.


So, the countdown clock is here as a reminder that I have something to work toward. As time goes on I know that I’ll be running more miles in the middle of the week and the thought of spending 6, 7 or 8 miles on the treadmill is not far from my mind. I’m having trouble with the thought of 3 miles which is what I might have to do this coming Wednesday…blah. No matter, I’m having fun with my running and wishing I was riding instead, but I am satisfied with the next best thing.


Run, baby, run!

No comments:

Post a Comment