About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Shoes



I think I have a problem...I like athletic shoes. These are three of the latest pairs that I have purchased since March 2008. The sad thing is I have 3 more pair that are in different stages of use - from well used to not so much because I thought they would be good for running and they really were not.

That would be the case with the first pair of shoes in the picture. The Asics felt pretty good, but training in them for Livestrong was a chore from the beginning to end. I'm pretty sure that with all the training and then eventually all the cycling that I did after Livestrong caused a stress fracture which I did not find out about until December of last year and was told that running would have to wait until after the new year.

The second pair are my well loved New Balance 768 Stability running shoe. These shoes were awesome! Running became so much more fun with these shoes! Training in these was so much different than with the Asics it was amazing. Just in the last month or so I have really enjoyed running - even on the treadmill...WOWIE!

Today, Robin and I went to Fit Right NW so I could buy new pair of running shoes New Balance 760 Stability running shoes along with a pair of speed laces which I will start to rotate with my current pair. New shoes for my long runs and older shoes for treadmill runs. I'm excited to run in these shoes I almost can't wait until Saturday for my "long" run.

Before the year is over I'll have to donate the shoes I'm not using to my podiatrist who collects shoes for a charity that he is involved in. No sense for me to keep more shoes than is necessary.

Run Baby Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment