About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, November 30, 2009

November Running Stats




Well this past month of running has gone pretty well - didn't really skip anything, but I think I may have postponed a run because I wasn't feeling 100%. Overall I ran 41.6 miles which equals 8:55:59. That's pretty good for me...I tend to quit half way through because I make myself believe that I can't possibly do what the running plan is suggesting. There are just over two months of training left and I hope to continue doing what I'm doing because it seems to be working. I need to take a look around at what I should be doing once I finish my plan and I'm running that 8K distance. More research!

This morning was just a two mile run. You would think that after doing six miles for a long run that a two miler would be easy. For some reason that wasn't so. It takes a while for me to find my rhythm for the day and on the treadmill sometimes it take all of the time I have to figure that out. So by the time I'm feeling pretty good I'm done. Sure, I could do more, but I am trying not to deviate from the plan too much. Sometimes I throw in a short run just for the fun of it...I'm sure that won't hurt anything, but I like my rest! There will be a day that I'm adding an extra day of running, so I'm not going to push it too much.

Wednesday is speedwork on the treadmill. I couldn't finish the tempo run, but I think this might be different. I hope at least. Speedwork is my least favorite of all the training runs...blah...with my asthma it's hard to get a good session in and not feel like I'm going to die or something.

Sooo.....1 mile warmup then 3x800's @ 5:24 with 400 recovery in between and then 1 mile cooldown. These are the kinds of work outs that I don't necessarily like to do on the treadmill, but what else can I do? It's dark at the track in the morning and the evening. At least on the treadmill I can control the speed to a point.

And the training goes on....

Run Baby Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment