About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back at it...



Man - I've been trying to sit down and update this blog for a couple of days now. What is going on?! Life got a little crazy again...OR...it could be that we have discovered another TV show on DVD that is pretty fun...

Anyway...

Finally back on track with running and getting back on the treadmill at the gym. Tonight there was a boatload of people and I was lucky to get on a mill where I can see people coming and going and working out with the weight machines etc. Lots of newbies...we'll see how long they last ;)

Today was a good run though, 3 miles at a moderate pace. It really is no fun trying to get back into running while still getting over a head cold. At least all I've got going on right now is a drippy nose. I decided during my run on Monday that I would do 2 miles then, 3 miles today and then back to 4 on Saturday. Might be able to step it up a bit more next week and I'll be back at 7 miles in no time and back on track with my training plan. Now that I'm feeling better I am realizing that I really missed running. Amazing! Yeah, so no more sickies around me!
This week I started my new work schedule of 0800-1700. I'll take hour lunch breaks so I can do quick training rides of 5-7 miles and maybe more if my condition improves quickly. This has been a bad weather week...lots of rain - BOOOO! I am storing my bike at the station during the week and to be considerate of the newly shampoo'd carpet, I don't think that I like the idea of traipsing my grimy bike thru the hallways to get to my secret storage room. Looks like tomorrow will be a good day, so I'm good to go! I may as well load up my bike to bring it home tomorrow also. If the weather forecast stays (ha) then Sunday might be another good day to get out and ride again.

The next Duathlon is just over 80 days away and I need to keep on track with my running...I know I can do better with both of the runs. With Robin riding the bike leg I just need to keep my legs warm and loose so that the second run doesn't kill me!

This year is going to ROCK! There are so many events that I want to do and I can hardly wait to do each one. The first event will be the Shamrock Run (8K)...WOO HOO!

Run Baby Run!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment