About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Foiled again!


Early in the Covered Bridge Ride (I think)
True to form, I had intended to start a new Running Streak - which I did yesterday. Today I woke up with a cold and have decided to hold off again. Oh fine.

Nothing special here, except the reflective
laces I got in my Stridebox in December
This is not surprising. I think this happens when I'm getting ready to start a new plan of sorts, or I've gotten into a plan that seems to work and then BAM - sorry girlfriend...you're done...hee hee.

I'm gonna lay low for a couple of days and then hit my new training plan on Monday. Ooooh how I love me a training plan. Looking to PR the Shamrock 8k this year and it will be the last one for at least a year. Getting a little tired of trying to get people to commit to do this event and join the team - so I'm taking a break after this year's event.

After Shamrock is done I'll start training for Half Marathon #2 - the Vancouver USA Half. I'm looking forward to that and I am hoping that I'll do MUCH better than the Holiday Half, stupid spasms!

The start of the 2013 Every Girl's Event
Events that are already on my mental calendar - Shamrock, Vancouver USA Half, Independence Day Run, Every Girl's and maybe the Hot Buttered run. I am determined to get back out on the Time Trial course and if I'm feeling really good, I want to do the All Women's Duathlon at the end of July or early August. It's been a couple of years since I did a multisport event.

We'll see, it IS only January 2nd and we all know that ANYTHING can happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment