About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, January 31, 2014

January Running Streak...


Yeah, I posted a chart yesterday...but today is the last day of January, so I HAD to post again :) What I like is that this picture shows all of the days that I ran during the month of January - nice gap there after the 1st huh.

It's getting easier to get up and run every morning. I love that my training plan is for 3 days a week...and the other days are Bonus days in my mind. The first 5 days back on the road after my brief illness was all about just getting out on the road again and getting into a routine. THEN I started to pay attention to my training plan which started 9 weeks out from the Shamrock run on March 16. So all the "spikes are the days that I did training runs - well most of them at least.

What I have learned in this first month of running:

- to not beat myself up when I don't have that great of a day. At least I got out and did something, even if it wasn't what I was supposed to do.

- I am improving. Which is kinda crazy - I have always thought of myself as a mediocre runner, but the daily running (no matter how short) is paying off. I'm feeling like a runner more and more!

- I am not immune to germs and other sickly things. Hence the giant gap between the New Year's Day run #1 and run #2. I got a lot of quality rest during that period.

- That I will need new shoes more often in 2014. In January alone I logged almost 49 miles - and that was just 20 days of running. I imagine as the year goes on I'll be running a little more on my "bonus" days and logging more miles on my shoes. I average probably around 300 miles per pair of shoes, so yeah, the more running I do the more often I'll be getting new shoes! Oh darn ;)

- That doing some sort of weight bearing training is GOOD. I've noticed that even with a few burpees or jump squats or push-ups I feel a little stronger. Will be adding more as the year goes on!

So there we have it...January was a great start to my running streak. Well the last 19 days were...

Next race - Fort Vancouver 10k Run!




No comments:

Post a Comment