About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Training? What training?

The last week or so has been training "lite"...I thought about training though, so that should count for something!

During my week off from work last week I decided to not waste the gorgeous weather with running, but rode instead - that's the "lite" part because cycling is so easy compared to whatever else I really should be doing to get ready for the Du. What SHOULD I be doing? Probably running more, a little core training....strength training....hmmmm, it's time to get back on track.

I have to say that a year ago I was not even running a mile, straight...without stopping, so I am feeling pretty good about that, but I really want to be able to run a 10K at some point so I'll need to keep at it - make this running thing a more life long pursuit instead of a drudgery which I can easily think of running as.

As time goes on - with June 13th coming quickly - I know that I will have to get serious and that probably should be sooner than later. I'm psyched though, that hasn't changed - just need to get goin'!

The other really hard part is that there will be cycling events that I want to do, longer distance events, no more urban rides. The Monster Cookie Metric Century is coming up next month and then the RACC in May...we'll log over a 100 miles those two weekends (that is if we go for the 65 mile RACC). Also, as the weather improves I'll start bike commuting again, so I'll have to rearrange my running schedule for sure. With the weather being so crummy this week I think I'll be running more than riding :(

So much to do...so little time...PSYCHO!

No comments:

Post a Comment