About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just around the corner

The Blue Lake Event is just a couple of weeks away and I'm done obsessing. I came to the conclusion a few days ago that when we do this all I need to do is focus on whatever element we happen to be doing at that particular time. That might just be the only thing that will keep me sane.

I don't expect to go terribly fast - well maybe on the bike - but I hope to finish strong. I have been doing so much riding recently and I'm trying to keep up some running (including speedwork) here and there. Also have done a few running/riding combos so I know what to kind of expect when we get there. Hmmm...nothing ever came from the strength training, maybe next year! It's all a mental game and I know that I can do it. Nothing is going to stop me now!

Part of me is looking forward to getting this event behind me so I can concentrate on riding enough through the remainder of the summer to do a Century this fall. We have decided to do the Peach of a Century at the end of September. This ride starts at Chemeketa Community College in Salem and since we have already ridden the Metric Century, we have an idea of what to expect during that ride.

We'll see how the racing at PIR goes...those might not happen, but I think I'll be able to convince Tom to do a couple of VBC time trials before the season is over.

Run-Ride-Run Baby....I'm PSYCHED

No comments:

Post a Comment