About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, May 15, 2009

Run-Ride-Work-Ride-Ride

So this morning I decided I would do a run before riding to work...it was so awesome! My lungs were cooperating which was nice and my breathing was not so labored as it can be. It was nice to run early in the morning too. I haven't done that since last summer. My route was just under 2.75 miles, I probably would have had my 3 miles if I had gone down the private road by our house, but a car was coming, so I continued on home. I was happy with my time 32:21 or something like that I had a good pace going and I know that my 5K time would be pretty good or good enough for race day.

I took my time during my "transition". Had to hydrate a little, change out of my running clothes and pull on my cycling shorts, jersey and all that and choke down a few margarita shot blocks. With the weather being decent and just having run I contemplated riding without my jacket and wearing my arm-warmers, but I figured that it was still chilly enough and I would be going MUCH faster riding than running which would chill me a lot faster, so I put my jacket on. Tom would be proud.

My ride to work was uneventful and I was feeling pretty good...gotta love the endorphins! I'm looking forward to more running and riding and hopefully adding the last running in before the big day is here. I'm pretty sure that I'll do alright. I'm not expecting to do all that great, just finishing would be a huge accomplishment. If I survive Blue Lake I'll go back on August 1 for the All Women's Sprint Tri & Du races.

SO PSYCHED!

~the last ride in my title would be for the short ride to Mary's for her party tonight - makes no sense to drive my car a quarter mile after riding to and from work~

No comments:

Post a Comment