About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Blue Lake

Yeah, so yesterday I was pokin' around on the Blue Lake website and was curious about the times that previous racers had. The slowest was just over two hours...I have a goal now!

Even with my training "lite" I think I'll do okay - it's gonna be "Eyes on the Prize" time for sure. I know that I can run a pretty decent 5K so the first one won't be bad, all I have to do is just relax and get the second one done and expect up to 10 minutes more added to my first time.

In the last few weeks my allergies have not helped and messing up my back a month ago or so slowed me down a little. I'll have to shoot for a 10K distance next Spring. That will probably be my limit. If not, I don't mind running 5K's those can be nice and fast!

Looking forward to doing a couple of 5K races around the area, but not until after BLUE LAKE BABY!

I'm psyched!

No comments:

Post a Comment