About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Consistent

Slow-but-sure has always worked for me, in running and most other arenas. I wouldn't mind being a Carl Lewis or Usain Bolt, but I've found little payoff in attempting to be what I'm not. Amby Burfoot, Runner's World Editor at Large

I've been at this running thing for a couple of years and it seems that getting faster is not so much an option for me. I am consistent though and that counts for something. I can do speed work, hill runs (not that I want to)...easy runs and my pace remains the same. It might take another year of running to gain a little more speed, but after thinking about it...it doesn't seem to matter so much as I think it should - I think. 


Training Continues...
My cold and/or allergies have been affecting my training the past couple of weeks...so haven't logged many miles (on foot or bike) since Tour de Blast. This week things are starting to look up though and I'm hoping to get back into the pool soon.


Zoom-Zoom...
TT's haven't happened for several weeks now due illness, bad weather and now hot weather. It probably would be wise to not ride in really hot weather. Oh well, there's always next week! 


Looking forward to the All Women's Event on the 31st! All I have to do is RUN...I better get to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment