About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, July 26, 2010

Taper?

I think I've been tapering since Blue Lake when in reality I should have been continuing the training. Since Blue Lake I have had a few set backs...other events, allergies/illness and general tiredness. Not to mention a little bit of lack of motivation.

It would figure though, now that All Women's is this coming Saturday I have all sorts of motivation, but no time...unless I were to run morning AND evening, but I'm not that crazy....or am I???? So I have decided to do specific run training this week hills today and speed work on Wednesday...I did a 3 mile run on Saturday and man that felt good! Oh, and I also went out close to 8:00 just to get used to the idea of running at that time instead of 5:30....my oh my...I like running EARLY! It's much cooler and I don't feel as if I might wilt. I'll probably get out on Thursday night and do the Time Trial just for fun even though I don't have to train for the bike. Gotta beat 32:58 though...

It's time to not psyche myself out - if I do that now I'll just make myself crazy. So I'll just be sure to enjoy this week, eat well, hydrate and look forward to a fun Saturday morning with my Duathlon partner...wee haw!

Almost time to run, ride, run!

No comments:

Post a Comment