About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, July 2, 2010

Ailments

The past couple of weeks have been light on training for ANYTHING! Tom seems to think that I had a cold, but then I think it was allergies. I may have been suffering (still am suffering) from both. Fortunately each day I'm feeling better and I don't feel as drippy with each passing day. Which is good because my nose is getting raw from constantly blowing it!

This week I at least got to the gym a couple of times and got on the treadmill. The first day I was far to drippy to do any kind of running so I stuck to walking. My second visit I actually did some running even though I still had the drips, but my legs felt good - so I think tomorrow's 5k will be just fine.

My hope is that I will be able to get back into the pool and get to swimming again. I don't want to lose what I had gained in the 4 times that I swam in the last 3 weeks. I'm still shooting for being able to swim several laps of freestyle before the year is over and am confident that it will happen...with no more delays.

I found another run that will be later this summer. It's the Salmon Creek Run and it's nice and close to home so I think I'll be able to talk Tom into running this one. It looks like it starts in Salmon Creek at Billygan's/Applebee's and goes to Kline Line and back to Salmon Creek. Should be a fun run!

Looking forward to being drip free!

No comments:

Post a Comment