About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, July 30, 2010

Time Trial continues...

(My choice of shoes at last season's last TT in September)

We were back at it last night at the Time Trial. It's been a couple of weeks and I was hoping to get closer to my fastest time yet this year of 32:58, but it was not to be. My unofficial time is 33:43 that's about 10 seconds better than the last TT we did.

After we finished, Tom's spin class leader, John,  was hanging around the parking lot and rode over and asked how we did and all that and I mentioned that my glutes hurt...but good! He response was that I was doing it right! Woo Hoo! I understand what I need to do...pull up as I'm spinning...I guess I don't understand how I'm doing it. That's just one more thing to think about besides how much it hurts and that the turn around is coming up not soon enough! Seriously though, my goal is to beat my best time this year and there are 6 weeks left until the end of the TT season.

Once I'm done with the All Women's event I can spend more time focusing on cycling and swimming. I'll still be running, but I'm having a hard time right now figuring out where to fit everything with the time that I have available. I might have to make an adjustment in my work schedule to fit my runs on the treadmill at the station (ugh) - that's the only way I can free up a morning and/or evening to do the cycling and swimming [BIG SIGH] details!

Oh well, I need to think about tomorrow and getting the running done! Robin has it easy...lucky duck. Should be a blast and a perfect day to....

Run, Ride, Run....Bay-Bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment