About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Training Run #2 - Tempo Baby!

Activity:  Run
Type of Run:  Tempo (1 Mi warm, 2 Mi @ 12:41, 1 Mi cool)
Actual distance:  4.04 miles
Temp:  50.5 F (downright balmy compared to Monday)
Time: 5:45-ish
Goal pace: 12:41 (for interval)
Actual pace: 12:21
Cumulative time: 50:56
Overall pace:  12:37

This has got to be the first time that I have done an almost proper tempo run. I usually just go out and run like a fool and then get waaay tired and out of breath sooner than I should. Which effectively ends the tempo run early.

I thought the warm up would take forever, but it wasn't bad. My legs were getting a little tired though. For some weirdo reason running slow is not so easy...is it just me? The two mile interval was so good! Usually I'm so fixated on the fact that the distance is FOUR miles or whatever distance and I let that just freak me out and I have a mediocre run. This time I just broke it down to the 1 mile sections that we would be doing. It seemed to work and we finished pretty strong.

Oh, so the plan had a 1 mi cool down. All was well until we got to the road across the street from out house and I HAD to speed it up ever so slightly - practicing my strong finish!

My new crazy thought is to do the Spring Classic Duathlon in 2014 which is usually at the end of March or start of April. If I was on the ball this year I could have been training all this time and participate in the event on Saturday. I think next year will be the year!

Tomorrow's plan - bike commute?
Saturday - long run (4 miles)

THEN....VACATION!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment