About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Becoming Speedy

(photo credit Google Images)

The plan is to do a fartlek session tomorrow. Last week I did a 3x800 training and did alright. Now I'm wondering if maybe I should do the training that I should have done last week this week...which is 2x1600 w/800s in-between (total 4 miles with warm up and cool down). I have yet to make friends with the fact that I would be running at not quite race pace for four laps in 12:05 - TWICE.

My "lightning" quick calculations tells me that I would have 3 minutes to complete each lap - which would be totally doable as last week my 800s allowed me 5:43 per 2 laps and I consistently came up with at least 20 seconds to spare with each interval.

"Coach" Tom (aka the hubby) will be at the track timing my laps - which is nice, but it could be a boring job for him. The good thing is that he'll be on his bike, so he could ride a lap or pace me while I'm running and then sprint ahead to call out times....hmmm...that could work!

I do have a little concern though, I haven't had a decent run since my last speedwork training and have been a little discouraged. Yesterday was miserable as my legs were tired and it was raining and windy - nothing to be discouraged about there...right?

Fartlek Baybee!

No comments:

Post a Comment