About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Week One Done


So, last week I decided it was time to find an event, register and train for it. This week was week one of a 4 week training plan to run the Freedom 5k on June 15.

This week's training:

Sunday - Rest (gotta psyche myself up for the week)
Monday - Easy 3 miles run
Tuesday - Easy Pilates
Wednesday - Speedwork, Dist: 4 mi, inc Warm; 3x800 in 5:43 w/400 jogs; cool down.
Thursday - Rest (YAAAY)
Friday - Yoga
Saturday - Long run - 4 miles.

Probably the most comfortable run this week was my Monday run - 3 miles, easy-peasy!

Since I have not been good at doing speedwork in the past...because I'm pretty much a whimp...I was pretty proud of myself for doing the whole speedwork plan for this week. I'll tell you what, it HURT, but I did all three intervals in 5:20, 5:19 and 5:16. Also, I was informed by my "Coach" - Tom - that getting faster is not the norm. I should have been getting slower - I guess I'm a little motivated to keep within the time prescribed for each interval :)

Long run Saturday was a little rough. I had sore muscles and was feeling not so great about running. Legs felt a little heavy and my arms were sore (stupid downward dog). I'm hopeful that in a week I'll feel better and do better if I continue to follow my plan. There isn't a reason why I shouldn't.

Next week is pretty much the same, except Long Run will be 5 miles instead.

Freedom 5k here I come - run, Run, RUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment