About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Rest Day and Training Run Day #2


Yesterday was a rest day, but we decided to do some cross-fit type exercises. I think it will be good to do some cross training a couple of days during the week.

Today is training run #2 (tempo run). I'm seriously getting tired of running while it is till dark out I didn't want to run this morning - the sun is rising earlier day by day - but not quickly enough for me. Also, it was raining and I just didn't have it in me this morning to run 4 miles in the dark AND in the rain.

So I will make a determination when I get home - if it is raining I'm pretty sure that I will want to postpone and we'll have to run tomorrow morning. Yes, in the dark and possibly in the rain. Since I have started using Runner's World Smart Coach training plans I have learned that I don't have to follow the training as written...meaning I don't have to run on the days that are suggested, just get the time/distance when at some point during the week.

If we run tonight - I'll post again later this evening. Otherwise check back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment